Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Get the New Google Chrome


Hi everyone...

        Google has launched a new web browser.. Google Chrome... This new browser is really coooool... It a has minimal Interface but smart enough to wipe out the other browsers... I was using initaially using IE... very long back, but with the introduction of the tabbed browsing with Mozilla Firefox, switched over to it. I also downloaded the recent Firefox 3. I am totally disappointed with the working of Firefox3. It crashed frequently and I lost much of my time in restoring it... Now, I downloaded the Chrome. Hmmm.. Lets see how this works out. The first impression has been good for me...

        Some of the features I liked in the Chrome:
  • Minimal Interface (Though I hope new skins are developed)
  • Smart browing - This browser is intelligent enough to track your most visited sites, your fav searches, bookmarks, recently closed tabs and displays it each time you open a new tab. This feature really is time saving and cool
  • Stability - Ah.. This was the main reason I downloaded Chrome. The previous browser I had, crashed every now and then. I lost all my data on other tabs too. Chrome promises the users that when a webpage in one tab malfunctions it does not affect the other tabs. (Chrome uses multi-threading oops multi-processes running in a single browser). Lets see if it really lives up to its promises.
  • Minimal interference by Download popups - The downloading items are listed in the bottom of the page, rather than annoying popups. Though there were third party download bars available for other browsers, I hope an integrated one will have a better performance.
  • Better Performance - This one is for the people who understand the working of the webpages and the browsers. Now-a-days almost all the webpages have javascript coding. Chrome has a new JavaScript engine V8 which increases the performance of such websites.
  • Task Manager - Wonder what this is doing in a web browser. Well, as I ahd already mentioned, Chrome works as a multi-process under a single browser. (Don't worry if you are not technically strong and don't understand it. All you need to know is this...) In case you feel that the performance of the browser is going down, you can open the Task Manager (Right click on the title bar and lo you have it..), find out which tabs are using more resources and shut it down if needed.
  • Private browsing (The incognito mode) - Imagine for some reason (fishy though) you need to browse privately, without leaving traces in the Histroy, bookmarks or the recently visited tabs, you can at any time switch to the Incognito mode from the menu. Happy private browsing withoout fear of leaving any traces.... I wonder for what reasons you'll use it..
  • Dynamic Tabs - You have the freedom of organizing your tabs according to your hearts content with this feature..
          I suppose these are some (of the many more) features that would impress many to switch to Chrome.

No comments: